MEET THE DOCTORS
DR. RICHARD STANDERWICK
Dr. Standerwick received his Certificate of Orthodontics and Master of Science in Dentistry from(2007). During his orthodontic residency, Dr. Standerwick developed a new method of cephalometric superimposition for growth and treatment analysis, and a new craniofacial growth model.
The Standerwicks live in Langley and hope to impact their community in a positive way.
Dr. Standerwick has the following distinctions:
- Associate Clinical Professor for the UBC graduate orthodontics program
- Fellow of the College of Dental Surgeons of BC
- Fellow of the Royal College of Dentist of Canada
- Diplomate of the American Board of Orthodontics
- Member of the editoral review board for the American Journal of Orthodontics and Dentofacial Orthopedics
- Has reviewed for the journals Clinical Anatomy , Head and Face Medicine , the International Journal of Stomatology and Occlusion Medicine , and Journal of Orthodontic Science .
Dr. Standerwick’s interests are with research, growth and development, temporary anchorage devices (TADS), temporomandibular joint (TMJ) dynamics, genetics and lingual braces. See Publications.
Dr. Standerwick enjoys hockey, soccer, fishing, woodworking and his family.
Dr. Standerwick is a member of a number of associations including the:
- Canadian Association of Orthodontists
- American Association of Orthodontists
- BC Dental Association
- Canadian Dental Association
- American Dental Association
- Indiana University Orthodontic Alumni Association
- American Association of Orthodontists Foundation Vanguard Society